As Construction Real Estate-Tenant Coordinator, your job would entail administrative support to tenants, property management and leasing to assure a high level of professionalism, including timely response to, and resolution of, any tenant requests or concerns.
The successful candidate will possess strong coordination skills and will have demonstrated accomplishments with retail portfolio and in meeting the tenant coordination goals and objectives of the portfolio.
- Collaborate with Leasing to provide support on all tenant related construction needs as it relates to planning, budget, design, and construction.
- When applicable, solicit TCI/Sleiman support to advance project under the TCI brand.
- Establish and monitor budgets to ensure project is delivered on target.
- Help Develop lease outline drawings and site lease plans.
- Review leases to determine landlord work, dates, tenant allowances and other pertinent lease details.
- In cooperation with Property Management and Leasing staff, conduct initial tenant meeting to review tenant handbook and review required documents required of the tenant.
- Explain required documents such as tenant plans, signage plan, permits, tenant contractor’s insurance, notice to commencement and certificate of occupancy.
- Review the tenant’s plans for compliance with lease and landlord requirements. Comment on plans to have tenant update final plans before permit. Once tenant’s work is started, field visit project frequently to ensure landlord and tenant’s plans are being followed.
- Set pre-construction meetings with tenants, tenant general contractors and site management.
- Develop requests for proposals for landlord work pricing.
- Write and execute contracts for landlord work.
- Receive, review and approve tenant plans.
- Receive, review and approve tenant signage.
- Establish schedules and monitor to ensure timely completion.
- Coordinate schedules with Development and Construction to ensure smooth flow and completion/delivery of tenant spaces.
- Maintain master copies of all documents sent to tenants, contractors, architects etc.
- Coordinate with Legal on critical dates.
- Submit payments provided by third-parties.
- Ensure quality and life safety standards are met for tenant construction.
- Coordinate with Property Management on all projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management or related field preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with Sage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience working as a tenant coordinator in the retail shopping industry.
- Demonstrated experience in reading construction documents and specification manuals.
- Knowledge of basic building design and systems.
- Architectural background and a sense of style.
- Good knowledge of real estate, building operations, facilities, and construction.
- Good knowledge of landlord/tenant lease language as it relates to tenant construction.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to establish monitor and question expenditures.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Code and process invoices in Sage.
- Must be customer orientated, professional and courteous with an excellent phone etiquette.
Professional and Personal Characteristics
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Good financial acumen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting meetings and delivering presentations.
- Results-oriented and high energy. Quickly able to establish credibility and gain respect of the tenants and vendors.
- Highest level of personal integrity to inspire confidence, respect and trust.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and in representing the organization within the industry.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Update spreadsheets regarding certificates of insurance for tenants, vendors and contractors, track expiration dates and coverage for all.