As Real Estate Manager, you will be responsible for numerous property operations, fiscal management, and lease administration functions for a selected group of assets in the Company’s property portfolio with a significant focus on maximizing the quality and profitability of the Company’s property locations while providing top-notch service to the Company’s tenants and all stakeholders that play a part in the successful operation of the properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for property operations at all specified properties which include:
- Performing monthly property inspections and completing corresponding inspection paperwork
- Identifying and bringing immediate resolution to public safety concerns and hazards on properties
- Identifying and bringing timely resolution to routine maintenance issues and non-capital property upgrades
- Performing annual financial planning
- Identifying and initiating discussion on capital improvements that are needed or will be needed
- Building working relationships with all tenants and stakeholders that play a part in the operation of centers
- Monthly on-site verification of rent roll accuracy
- Bidding, negotiating, and supervising all maintenance related vendor contract work on properties
- Performing bid requests and obtaining quotes for all maintenance and non-capital property upgrade projects
- Writing vendor scope of work information into contracts and conducting quality control inspections of work
- Creating and maintaining vendor relationships and sourcing for new vendors when necessary
- Developing preventive maintenance plans and schedules for each property
- Conducting OEA reviews to address non-compliance issues with appropriate parties through appropriate means
Oversees the fiscal management of a specified portfolio of properties which includes:
- Developing and maintaining operating and capital budgets for each operating property
- Performing expense forecasts to supplement and revise budgets as necessary
- Monitoring operations expenditures versus budget expectations and revised forecasts on a monthly basis
- Producing quarterly reports to show variances in budget/forecast versus actual expenditures
- Reporting to the Expense Review Committee on all variances in budget/forecast versus actual expenditures
- Ensuring CAM revenue is effectively used to promote the overall asset health while protecting profitability
- Performing GL coding and expense approval within budgeted guidelines for all operations related invoices
- Responsibility to create and gather approval for purchase orders as defined by Company guidelines
Manages several aspects of lease administration at all specified properties which includes:
- Ensuring tenant compliance with all lease requirements, including collection of current COIs, and coordinating non-monetary defaults when necessary
- Overseeing tenant build-outs, including construction plan reviews and onsite meetings with Tenant’s contractor
- Conducting new tenant turnovers and move-in inspections
- Assisting with and/or initiating lease renewals, lease assignments, and temporary licensing opportunities
- Managing tenant storefront and center pylon sign installations, issues, and maintenance
- Providing premium support to the Leasing and Lease Administration Departments on an as needed basis
- Producing tenant sales reports upon request
- Visiting delinquent tenants and requesting payment of past due rent, etc.
- Performing move-out inspections and move-out/eviction inventories
- Processing and facilitating all delinquent tenant collections and evictions, if necessary.
Other Duties, Supervisory Duties and Team Responsibilities
- Responsible for working on miscellaneous and ad hoc projects, even if requests are not related to the Property Manager’s assigned portfolio of properties, as designated by the Director of Property Management and on an as needed basis.
- Responsible to function as a willing and able team player, within the structure of the Property Management organization as well as within the entire company as a whole, projecting a positive working relationship with all involved parties, and recognizing the role that Property Management plays as an internal service provider for other Sleiman departments including Leasing, Accounting and Finance, Government and Development, and Legal.
- Must possess a minimum of three years of related experience in a commercial property operations environment that includes: Responsibility for managing a portfolio of properties totaling over seven hundred thousand square feet and experience utilizing related property management and accounting software.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, sales, and negotiating skills are required along with strong problem solving and time-management skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be a proven professional: Trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company management, tenants, governmental entities, and legal counsel through both written and verbal interaction.
- Some travel is necessary to successfully perform the essential duties outlined.
Education, Experience, Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting from a 4 year college or university